Sun, 19 Mar|
The Physical Therapy Approach to Senior Home Safety
Time & Location
19 Mar 2023, 8:00 am – 11:00 am
About the Event
Course Lecturer: Dr. Raejean Porter, PT, DPT, SHSS
Physical Therapists will be provided with the foundation principles needed to promote Senior home safety
and fall prevention within the home.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Compare and contrast signs of normal versus pathological aging.
- Define and explain the difference between falls and near falls.
- Select and perform outcome measures used in fall screening and assessment.
- Identify safety hazards within the home environment of the older adult patient, patients
with Mild Cognitive Impairments (MCI) and Dementia.
- Construct a plan of care based on the hazards identified within the home safety assessment.
- Signs of pathological aging
- Definition of falls and near falls
- Assessment and management of seniors with impaired balance
- Exploring the components of the home safety assessment
- Implementation of strategies learnt.